The first six months of 2017 proved to be very busy for the Shelburne Police Service. From January 1st until June 30th the Shelburne Police Service laid a total of 1714 charges. They are broken down as follows:
- Criminal Code charges: 260
- Controlled Drugs and Substances Act: 30
- Highway Traffic Act: 1226 (799 of which were for speeding)
- Liquor Licence Act: 15
- Compulsory Automobile Insurance Act: 121
- Trespass to Property Act: 7
- Other Provincial Statues: 55
Members of the Shelburne Police Service responded to 2884 calls for service.
Motor Vehicle Accidents: 62
Number of Parking Tickets issued: 205
A total of 437.5 hours were spent on beat patrol / community service events.
A total of 2561hours of cruiser patrol time was logged.
A total of 2239 hours of radar and traffic enforcement was completed.
Officers conducted 2046 hours of Investigations.
Officers spent a total amount of 992 hours writing reports and office duties.